Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Celebration Continues

Over the past few weeks, the center has been celebrating the 50th anniversary of Ernest J. Gaines' first novel publication Catherine Carmier. There have been film screenings of The Sky is Gray, A Lesson Before Dying, A Gathering of Old Men, and The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman. There has been a book talk with Dr. Reggie Young and Dr. Marica Gaudet on This Louisiana Thing That Drives Me: The Legacy of Ernest J. Gaines, and there has been a reading from Song of the Shank author and 2009 Ernest J. Gaines Award for Literary Excellence winner Jeffery Renard Allen. The latter part of October and through November will see even more events to celebrate this momentous milestone, including a reading by Ernest J. Gaines on UL Lafayette's campus November 2 at 4:00 pm in Moody Hall 103. More information about upcoming events can be found on our website and Facebook page.

With all of that said, I would like to take the opportunity in this post to share with you some of the interviews, video, and articles that have appeared regarding the celebration.


  • Patricia Gannon's September 21, 2014 article in The Advocate  
  • Megan Wyatt's September 27, 2014 article in The Daily Advertiser (contains video of Gaines reading from Catherine Carmier)
  • Kailey Broussard's September 30, 2014 article in The Vermilion
  • Interview with Dr. Matthew Teutsch and Ms. Jennifer Morrison September 15, 2014 on KRVS's Apres Midi
  • Interview with Dr. Matthew Teutsch September 16, 2014 on The Jim Engster Show
  • Interview with Dr. Matthew Teutsch October 2, 2014 on KLFY
Make sure you check back on October 22 for the center's 50th blog post. We have something very special planned. so you don't want to miss it. 

4 comments:

  1. Hello Everyone out there,I am here to give my testimony about a Herbalist doctor who helped me . I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2011, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the river side thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS and gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him at {oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com}
    or whatsapp him number: +2349038382931.
    Contact him today and you will have a testimony...Good luck!

    Dr. OLIHA Also Cures:
    1. HIV/AIDS
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
    5. Hepatitis B
    6. chronic pancreatic
    7. Emphysema
    8. COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease













    Hello Everyone out there,I am here to give my testimony about a Herbalist doctor who helped me . I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2011, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the river side thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS and gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him at {oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com}
    or whatsapp him number: +2349038382931.
    Contact him today and you will have a testimony...Good luck!

    Dr. OLIHA Also Cures:
    1. HIV/AIDS
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
    5. Hepatitis B
    6. chronic pancreatic
    7. Emphysema
    8. COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease

    ReplyDelete
  2. All thanks to God Almighty who use Dr. Akhigbe to cure me from Herpes virus with his herbal Medicine, For those suffering from the same Virus You can contact his WhatsApp +2349021374574, he can also cure your health issues Like HBP, Hepatitis B Virus, Herpes, HPV, ALS etc. Email him at Drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using A natural herbal remedy was what got me tested negative for HSV 2 after being diagnosed for years. I have spent so much funds on medications like acyclovir (Zovirax), Acyclovir (Famvir), and Valacyclovir (Valtrex). But it was all a waste of time and my symptoms got worse. To me It is very bad what Big pharma are doing, why keep making humans suffer greatly just to get profits annually for medications that don't work. I’m glad that herbal remedies are gaining so much awareness and many people are getting off medications and activating their entire body system with natural herbal remedies and they have become holistically healed totally. Quickly visit Dr. Akhigbe herbal home now for help. Email him directly on drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com or Whats app :+2349021374574

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of people believe there is no cure for ALS disease, which is not true. Everyone has to understand that natural treatment is the best among all. My Dad is 100% fine after using Dr Agumba ALS herbal product. I'm so happy that he got healed and I do believe in natural herbs right from the beginning especially when you got it from a good and understanding naturopathic. It's better and more active for getting rid of every disease. Anyone who needs ALS herbal cure, here is Dr Agumba Email dragumbasolutioncenter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete